Macmillan Dictionary - Word of the Day

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's time for lessons...

Lessons started on Monday. I ‘ve already had the opportunity to meet my new students (except for one class). It is going to be a tough year since I have a lot of students ( about 140).
For most of them this is a totally new school. They have come from many different schools in this region. This year they are starting their Secondary Education and consequently they feel a bit anxious. In fact, many changes are taking place at the same time.
Today I’ve presented the syllabus for this year and the evaluation criteria:
• Reading and Writing: 60%
• Listening and speaking: 30%
• Attitudes (behavior, commitment, punctuality, organization): 10%

They also had the opportunity to introduce themselves to the class and to the teacher. This activity helped me to know them and their language level. After doing this, they wrote a text about themselves, which they delivered to me.
Finally, we did a brainstorming exercise related to the word : Teens, and before we left we had the opportunity to listen to the song: "I still haven’t found what I am looking for" by U2.

P.S: Temperature are still high (above 30 degrees). The Summer doesn't want to leave us ...

Speaking about the summer, I had the chance to know wonderful places. Look at this photo!
Pego do Inferno-Tavira

No comments: