Macmillan Dictionary - Word of the Day

Monday, June 7, 2010

Art is needed... A message to you


Yesterday I went to Serralves in Porto and I had the opportunity to see an art exhibition and some dance performances.
I am glad I did! It was fun, entertaining and relaxing. The landscape was amazing and the shows were worth seeing.

We need art to have meaningful lives. In fact, life without art is like a flower without scent. Music, dance, acting, poetry, literature, painting, cinema are the spices of life.

Artists are so generous. They use their talent and genius to communicate their feelings and make a difference in our life. They take us to a wonderful world and help us to see life from a new perspective. They open our eyes to new realities.

Teachers must be artists too. We have to be generous and touch the hearts and emotions of our students. Sometimes it’s hard to find the time and the inspiration to do that.
I have students who told me I succeeded in touching their hearts and that I motivated them to learn. It was so rewarding to listen to them.

I have students who are artists too. They are actors, singers, musicians, painters, dancers, sportlers, etc.

Thank you for sharing your talent with us. The world has become more interesting and exciting because of your inspiration and commitment.

The school year is going to finish tomorrow and many meetings are going to take place during the next days. But this was a worthwhile year. I had such interesting and dedicated students. I have learned a lot with them too. Unfortunately, this was their last year of English.

My message: I wish you the best of luck! You're unique!

No comments: