Macmillan Dictionary - Word of the Day

Monday, May 17, 2010

Epals- a testimonial ...


Our Epals students' exchange has already finished. My students have enjoyed it a lot and learned so many different things.

Here is a testimonial of one of my students. It was written totally by her, so what you read is her own prespective of the project. I haven't changed anything.


"When we were told that we were going to talk with American students we didn’t really know what we were getting into, but we were hoping we could learn more about their culture and the interests of people of our age that live so far away.
We were very excited when we got the first e-mails and we talked about it at school a lot. I think that the project was very interesting and enriching. We already knew things about the American culture by what we saw in the movies or read in books but it’s completely different when we are talking about it with people that live there and can tell us their perspective of it.
I think that most of the students here really enjoyed this exchange of cultures and experiences because we are very communicative and we love to learn more and more so it was a great way to motivate us to speak English more often.
In my point of view, this was a great experience because the USA is the country that fascinates me the most and I love to speak English so I try to speak it whenever I get the chance.
To sum up, this project was great for all of us because it not only made us talk to some nice people but it also helped to improve our English. We really hope we can visit America soon and we are sad the project is over because we were having a great time".

Inês

No comments: